Cyber Security CRC Scholarship Opportunities
The Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre (CSCRC) aims to inspire the next generation of cyber security professionals by supporting innovative, industry-driven research into pressing cyber security problems.
UNSW Canberra is looking for talented PhD and Masters by Research candidates as well as honours students to join our team in solving challenging problems across all areas in cyber security – technical and/or human aspects. Potential postdoctoral research fellows may also be interested in developing research proposals with the team for consideration.
Successful candidates will be awarded a CSCRC graduate research scholarship or postdoctoral research fellowship.
|Deadline:||Applications accepted on continuous basis|
|Stipend:||Dependent upon chosen program|
|Program/s:||PhD; Masters by Research (MRes); Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (Post doc)|
Australian Permanent Residents
Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders
International students from other 5-Eyes countries (US, UK, Canada, New Zealand)
|Duration:||Dependent upon chosen program|
|Owning School/Centre:||UNSW Canberra Cyber|
|Primary Contact:||Professor Monica Whitty, Director (Research)|
- PhD: A candidate for the degree shall have been awarded an appropriate degree of Bachelor with Honours from the University of New South Wales or a qualification considered equivalent from another university or tertiary institution at a level acceptable to the UNSW Canberra Higher Degree Committee.
- MRes: A candidate for the degree shall have been awarded at a standard not below Honours Class 2 an appropriate degree of Bachelor from the University of New South Wales or a qualification considered equivalent from another university or tertiary institution.
- Post doc: A PhD (or soon to be awarded) in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, cyber security, electrical engineering, information technology, communication engineering or similar.
- In exceptional cases an applicant who submits evidence of such other academic and professional qualifications may be approved by the Committee to be permitted to enrol for the degree.
Up to $50,000 per annum for PhD and MRes students <- click for additional details
Up to $113,138 per annum for postdoctoral research fellowships <- click for additional details
In the first instance prospective applicants should discuss their qualifications and research proposal with UNSW Canberra Cyber’s Director of Research, Professor Monica Whitty. In addition to an Expression of Interest (EOI), you will also need to provide:
- 2 page CV
- Copies of your Academic Transcripts
- Research proposal that aligns with one of the above mentioned CSCRC Research Themes
- A one-page statement outlining which CSCRC Scholarship Category (outlined above) you are seeking to apply for, and why you would be a suitable CSCRC Scholar. 
For further information relating to admission requirements for High Degree by Research programs and program application deadlines for UNSW Canberra, please visit Postgraduate Research.
 Cre8ive, “Current Opportunities”, Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre, Canberra, ACT, Cre8ive, https://www.cybersecuritycrc.org.au/
Professor Monica Whitty, Director (Research), UNSW Canberra Cyber