Introduction to Python Scripting
This course introduces participants to the Python programming language in a security context. Participants are shown core Python language structures before
applying these to security problems. Key libraries are introduced, along with common design patterns for security applications.
Note: This is not an introductory programming course. Participants are assumed to be familiar with algorithmic design and to have some experience in a different programming language.
Duration: 5 days
Delivery Mode: Classroom
In-house: Contact the Professional Education Course Unit for more information and to arrange a quote. Recommended for groups of 10 or more.
What you will receive:
- Comprehensive set of course notes.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- People who are somewhat familiar with programming, but have no experience of the Python programming language.
• Algorithm design
• Core Python coding syntax
• Basic security applications of Python
• Collaboration strategies for rapid prototyping
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
• Design solutions to common security problems at an abstract level, individually and as part of a team
• Implement object-oriented solutions to security problems in Python
• Confidently deploy Python solutions in a security context.’
UNSW CANBERRA CYBER
UNSW Canberra Cyber is a focal point for the research of some 60 scholars from various faculties across UNSW who conduct research work on different aspects of cyber security. The Centre is based in Canberra at the Defence Force Academy that provides both advanced research as well as undergraduate and graduate education on cyber security. UNSW Canberra Cyber brings together the biggest concentration of research and tertiary education for the multi-disciplinary study of cyber security in any single university in the Southern hemisphere. A number of UNSW Canberra Cyber scholars, in areas ranging from information technology and engineering to law and politics, have significant international reputations for their work.
No dates? Or unable to attend dates shown? Submit an Expression of Interest below to be notified of upcoming courses.