UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
The School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT) is the largest school at UNSW Canberra that employs approximately 70 academic staff and a further 40 professional staff in the areas of administration and technical services and currently including 150 HDR students. Over recent years SEIT has produced more than 400 high impact research publications each year and continues to perform exceptionally in terms of research outputs. Research projects are funded through competitive funding opportunities as offered by the Australian Research Council, Industry partners and Defence, in addition to generous internal support provided by UNSW Canberra.
About the Role:
- Job Title: Research Assistant
- Salary – Level A ($71,437 - $95,248) plus super
- Fixed Term for 2 years
- Full Time
As a key member of the research team on the Australian Research Council Discovery funded Project “Reactive Planning under Disruptions and Dynamic Changes”, the Research Associate will conduct research into the development of novel evolutionary algorithms for solving different complex planning and scheduling problems under disturbances and dynamic changes.
About the Successful Applicants:
To be successful in this role you will have
- a PhD degree either completed or expected by March 2017 in the field of Computer Science, Operations Research, or related discipline.
- demonstrated ability to conduct research in evolutionary optimisation domain.
- a track record of publications in high ranking journals in the field of evolutionary computation and optimisation.
- an excellent oral and written communication skills.
- an ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete tasks within agreed timeframes.
In your application you should systematically address the selection criteria outlined in the Position Description. In order to view the position description - please ensure that you allow pop-ups for the Jobs@UNSW Portal.
To Apply: Please follow the link to the UNSW Careers Portal Position Number - 57712, and sign in or register as a new user.
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Prof. Ruhul Sarker, Project Investigator
T: +61 2 6268 8051
Applications Close: 5th March 2017
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please email email@example.com