Library Services & Research Support
The Academy Library is open 24/7 to all UNSW Canberra staff and students.
Library Access Protocols
You must comply with the following safety protocols – compliance will be monitored and breaches will be escalated for further action:
- If you have been to any known COVID-19 hotspots in the last 14 days, please do not come on campus or access the library
- If you are unwell, please do not come on campus or access the library
- If you have not already done so, you must complete the ‘Safe Return to Campus’ online compliance training by viewing the ‘Safe Return to Campus’ module
- Keep 1.5 metres from others
- Ensure you swipe in individually, not in groups
- Use the hand sanitiser in the library foyer each time you enter
- Please do not move the library furniture
- Consider using the single study carrels (these need to be booked)
- Exercise the ‘pick it up, put it down’ principle if you are removing items from the collection shelves. These items should be placed in the marked boxes located in collection areas, and not returned to the shelves. These items will be placed into 24-hour quarantine by library staff before being returned to the shelves.
- Activation of the COVIDSafe Tracing app is strongly encouraged
- Access is provided via Cardax swipe card entry
- If your ADFA card does not allow you entry, please visit the ICTS Help Desk in Building 14 for assistance during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8.00am-5.00pm)
- Outside of business hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, zID, ADFA card barcode number, and contact phone number
Please be aware that in the event of a change in health advice from the ACT government, including a local COVID-19 outbreak, or ongoing non-compliance with the COVID-19 protocols outlined above, the Academy Library may reduce or close its onsite services.